Winner to be Announced at Gartner Business Intelligence Summit 2010, 1-2 February, London Gartner, Inc. announced today the three finalists for the Gartner Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) Business Intelligence (BI) Excellence Awards 2010. The finalists are EuroChem, JD Williams and Komerční banka.
- The Business Strategy Layer: It measures the success of the BI, PM and analytics programme based on how well they meet their strategic, financial and operational objectives.
- The Performance Management Layer: It links operational activities with business strategy.
- The People and Processes Layer: It characterises the analysts, users and IT staff involved in the BI, analytics and PM framework and shift from a tactical to a strategic approach to processes.
- The Analytic Applications Layer: Predefined data and process workflows and sets of predefined models, analysis and delivery capabilities that support PM and transaction-processing applications.
- The BI Platform Layer: It represents the combination and relative priority of BI platform capabilities that differentusers require from their analytic applications.
- The Information Management Infrastructure Layer: It addresses how the data architecture and data integration infrastructure remain efficient and flexible to changing business needs.
Gartner's BI Excellence Award finalists have all demonstrated that BI can be successful,” said Neil Chandler, research director at Gartner. “Together, these organisations have clearly shown that real business benefits come from collaboration between IT and the business functions, and combining BI and performance management. Driving better decisions and managing performance is a critical strategy for many organisations and these finalists have harnessed their information to drive business performance to new levels.”
More information about the awards can be found at http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=927913&tab=special¶ms=pg,zzz.html.
Gartner analysts will provide more detailed analysis on the future of the BI industry at the Gartner Business Intelligence Summit 2010, being held 1-2 February, at the Lancaster London. The Summit offers BI solutions, advice, real and tangible strategies, cutting edge best practices, and the latest tools and technology that will help IT leaders develop a more-effective BI strategy and improve the performance of their business. Members of the media can register by contacting Holly Stevens at email@example.com. Additional information is available at www.europe.gartner.com/bi.
The Gartner Business Intelligence & Information Management Summit 2010 will be held at the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre in Sydney, 2-3 March. Members of the media can register by contacting Susan Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information is available at www.gartner.com/ap/bi.
The Gartner Business Intelligence Summit 2010 will be at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, 12-14 April, in Las Vegas. Members of the media can register by contacting Christy Pettey at email@example.com. Additional information is available at www.gartner.com/us/bi.
You can also follow the event on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Gartner_inc and using #GartnerBI.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner's comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com.
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.