To foster information sharing and best practices among AR professionals for more effective and efficient interactions with Gartner and measureable business value to their company's.
As we all ramp up our 2012 programs, it's clear that despite a downward revision in the Gartner Global IT Spend Forecast for 2012 from 4.6% to 3.7%, all of you are quite busy driving your company's business with your AR programs. Based on many conversations across the AR community, a common theme of building AR programs that are both efficient and deliver ROI to the business continues to be of paramount importance. It is with these goals in mind that we've focused our first two articles.
Driving Business Results Through AR-Business Partnerships — June Rochford, global head of consultant and industry analyst relations at BT Global Services shares her success in business outcomes as a result of aligning objectives between "the business" and AR. This rather unique alignment has seen valuable analyst, and therefore AR, contributions to key business processes such as product and services development, marketing, and messaging and sales cycle management. This is a great "must-read" article for any AR professional looking to drive ROI with their AR programs.
A Social Approach to Analyst Relations — AR professionals are always looking for ways to most efficiently and effectively reach analysts as part of the "outbound" portion of their AR strategy. Caroline Dennington, director of analyst relations EMEA for Symantec, shares her strategy and successes in analyst communications via the Symantec Analyst Relations website and related social media links. Caroline helpfully describes the real value of the program to both Symantec and the analysts, and makes several key recommendations for AR colleagues that will help drive the success of your Web and social communications strategies. The feedback we’ve seen from Gartner analysts is that the Symantec site is among the best-practice approaches to Web and social-based analyst/high-tech provider communications.
2011 Research Awards — Last year our posting of the 2010 Gartner Research Analyst Awards was well received by our readers, as it gave AR professionals a heads-up on the kudos going to some of the very Gartner analysts they work with day in and day out. We're very proud of the work our analysts do, and we're reminded of those contributions as we highlight the 2011 award winners in writing, quantitative analysis, thought leadership and global impact. This year's winners are a great representation of the ever-expanding Gartner analyst teams across markets, topic areas and geographies.
New Analyst Arrivals — Gartner continues to bring on board new additions to the Gartner analyst ranks worldwide and across key topic and market areas. Since our last Newsletter, we've brought on board 34 new members of the Gartner Research team. New hires have been added across many areas, including:
• Supply/value chain in healthcare and life sciences and consumer goods
• Enterprise security, risk and privacy management, and governance
• Software areas such as cloud services, SaaS-enabled applications, application strategy and governance, sales performance management, Web application strategies and development, marketing and channels for applications industries, licensing and negotiation strategies, IT asset management and procurement, HR BPO markets and software infrastructure markets
• Infrastructure areas such as consulting and integration, data center modernization, desktop virtualization, data center disaster recovery, storage and enterprise mobility
• Vertical industry research in healthcare payers, energy and utilities, communications service providers and financial services industry IT forecasts
• BI and information management areas such as corporate performance management, data management strategies, business analytics and enterprise content management
We're very excited about our newest Research team members and the value they will bring to our clients. We urge you as AR professionals to review the bios of these analysts and reach out to them if they might align with your AR Program strategy.
As always, let us know if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish you much continued success with your Analyst Relations efforts in 2012.
Gartner GVP, High-Tech and Telecom Programs
Gartner AR Community Lead