Gartner Event: Online Registration Terms & Conditions*
*May be subject to change
- This Event is organized by Gartner, which reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or deny access to any entity or individual. To be eligible to participate, you must be 21 years or older. If access is denied by Gartner for any reason, payments collected will be promptly refunded.
- Registrations may be refunded, or tickets re-activated, if cancellation is made in writing by the applicable Event cancellation cutoff date set forth below. Cancellations received after the cancellation cutoff date or nonattendance will not be refunded and/or tickets will not be re-activated. Cancellations received after the cutoff date with a balance due will receive a cancellation invoice for the full registration amount due.
- Symposium cancellation cutoff date is 30 calendar days prior to Event start date.
- Cancellation cutoff date for all other Events is 15 business days prior to Event start date.
- Substitution of registrations may be made at any time up to the Event start date. Sharing of Attendee passes is not permitted. "No Shows" will be deemed a cancellation per the cancellation cutoff date in section 2 above.
- Currency Exchange Rate Disclaimer: Client / Cardholder confirms acknowledgment and acceptance of a potential gain / loss incurred by any adjustments made by their bank due to the currency exchange rate. Gartner will not be liable or responsible for any loss incurred by the Client/ Cardholder from an adjustment made due to the currency exchange rate. Nor will Gartner pursue the Client/Cardholder for collection if that adjustment should be made in the Client’s/Cardholder's favor.
- By attending the Event, you agree to abide by all generally applicable rules and regulations governing your Event that have been provided or otherwise made known to you by Gartner. You further agree to comply in every respect with all applicable global laws and regulations. All government and public sector attendees are responsible for complying with their own rules and regulations.
- Gartner uses the personal data you provide in this registration for the purpose of administering your participation in this Event. To this end, Gartner may disclose your personal data to third party service providers (e.g., mailing houses and any other providers engaged by Gartner to assist in the conduct of the Event). Gartner may also disclose your personal data to other Event Attendees but will do so solely in connection with the Event Attendee List and always in compliance with applicable data protection laws and our Privacy Principles. Except as described herein, Gartner will not disclose your personal data to any other third party without your consent except where required to do so by law.
- When you are building your agenda and setting up your Event experience with our Events Navigator tool, the information you provide is personal and confidential to you, the Attendee. Gartner will not share this information with any third party without your prior written consent.
- In order to comply with global data privacy laws, Gartner imposes certain restrictions on the use of multimedia at its Events (i.e., photography, video, audio, online streaming and all future mediums). For Event Sessions, Speaker Presentations and on the Tradeshow Floor, Gartner prohibits the use of cameras and mobile recording devices. For all other areas of the Event, Gartner hires professional service providers (photo/video/audio/streaming) to document and showcase the Event experience. Gartner also leverages social media (e.g., Twitter and Periscope) (i) to post real-time photos and videos to its Social media feeds, and (ii) display select submissions from those feeds on monitors throughout the venue. Attendees and sponsors are encouraged to capture their Event experiences in the permitted areas of the Event venue and post their own social content from the Event (text, photos, audio, video, streaming), provided it does not defame other Event attendees or sponsors or infringe on copyrighted Gartner branding and content. Gartner will determine in its sole discretion which posted content will be displayed on the overhead monitors at the Event venue. By attending the Event, you acknowledge and agree as follows: (a) Gartner may edit and use the footage it captures at Gartner Events for marketing and promotional activities and for any other lawful purpose in the ordinary course of its business; and (b) Due to the prevalence of mobile recording devices in today’s world, Gartner disclaims all liability for the capture of your image in any multimedia format by other Attendees at the Event.
- Gartner Analyst One-on-One Meetings are available to clients who have a full conference registration for the event, and payment must be received in full prior to scheduling a meeting. An additional person within the same organization can be requested to attend, space permitting. There is a limit to the number of one on one meetings each attendee is entitled to as well as a limit on the number of one on one meetings allotted per organization.
- Gartner Analyst One-on-One meetings are not be used for vendor product/service updates and briefings, and the provided topic will need to be inquiry based and fall under the analysts’ respective coverage areas. All meetings are subject to review, and if an appropriate topic is not provided the attendee will be contacted to provide further details or an alternative topic. Clients interested in briefing analysts may contact the Vendor Relations department and schedule a meeting following the event by emailing email@example.com. The analyst reserves the right to stop the meeting at any point should it become a vendor briefing.
- A Gartner Event is an open environment, with large numbers of Attendees and Sponsors. While Gartner will keep confidential the specifics of your discussion with our Analysts, we encourage you to take the proper precautions during your one-on-one meeting to ensure you do not inadvertently disclose sensitive information to bystanders. To help protect the security of your one-on-one meeting, Gartner prohibits any and all recording.
- Gartner Guest Speaker sessions are central to the success of Gartner Events. In order to provide our attendees with a global platform for the exchange of ideas and insights, we invite key figures from various industries to share their personal perspectives concerning the challenges and opportunities facing businesses today. Guest speakers are not employees of Gartner and Gartner neither pre-reviews nor comments on the content of our guest speakers sessions. We make it expressly clear- on the Events On Demand webpage, on Events Navigator and as part of the Events Online Registration process, that Guest Speaker views and opinions are entirely their own and in no way reflect the views and opinions of Gartner.
- If during the Event you attend a session or program hosted by an Exhibitor other than Gartner, you understand and agree that when you present your badge for scanning or when you provide personal data, that information will go to a non-Gartner company and Gartner takes no responsibility for how that company uses your information. You also agree that we may include RFID scanning in your Event badge to administer and improve your Gartner Event experience and solicit your feedback and/or interest in Gartner products. You will also have the option to select a badge without RFID scanning.
- At the Event, you may receive access to Gartner and third party licensed content ("Presentation Materials"). Gartner is not liable for the information in the Presentation Materials. You may use them solely for your own internal, non-commercial purposes. Unauthorized distribution (via sales, copying, posting on intranet/internet) is expressly forbidden. Excerpting or quoting is permitted with prior written approval from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- During the course of the Event, it is not uncommon for Attendees to participate in an ad-hoc break-out sessions or similar type of unplanned meetings with other companies of the same industry. In any such situation, you agree to adhere to the following Antitrust Guidelines.
- The Gartner Wireless is a free open wireless internet service provided to Gartner attendees for use at Gartner Events. By using the wireless service you agree to the terms and conditions listed here.
- Terms and Conditions — This Gartner Events Attendee Wireless Service is a complimentary service that allows authorized users to access the internet during their visit to a Gartner Event. By accepting you acknowledge that you are an authorized user of Gartner’s system. You further understand that your access to the system is unencrypted public wireless network , and that you are solely responsible for ensuring the privacy and integrity of any transmissions you make or receive, as well as the safety and security of any systems you attach to the Gartner Events Attendee Wireless Network. You understand the unencrypted access to the public internet and take full responsibility for any necessary security precautions, including encrypting confidential transmissions and backing up any data. You agree that Gartner may routinely monitor, audit, intercept and disclose communications over its networks for security, performance and other purposes, and may remove an attached system from the Gartner Events Attendee Wireless network at any time for any reason.
- Limitation of Liability — Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall we be liable for any lost profits, cost of cover, direct, indirect, incidental, special, reliance, consequential or punitive damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the service or the services or functions of the service or arising out of your access to, or inability to access, the service or your reliance upon, the service or the services, content or materials in, or functions of, the service, provision of, or failure to provide services, or information, or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability (including negligence). In addition, we have no duty to update the service or the contents thereof. applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence, or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing the service. If you are dissatisfied with the service or any of the products, services, members, suppliers and/or buyer offered in connection therewith or associated therewith, as the case may be, your sole and exclusive remedy shall be to discontinue use of the service and terminate this agreement in accordance with the terms hereof.
- You agree that, in the unlikely event that Gartner cannot resolve your payment issue and you dispute the credit card charge, this electronic statement may be used as evidence that said charge is valid and just. If there are any issues with your credit card charge, please contact Gartner Finance at the applicable regional contact location:
+1 239 561 4269
+61 2 8569 7622
North America (US and Canada)
+1 239 561 4723
+91 22 6613 2129
+55 11 5632 3109
+1 239 561 4285
- Submission of a registration online, by phone, email or fax, constitutes an official registration and intent to attend the Event. Full payment must be received prior to the Event in order to gain entry.
- Your registration for, and participation in, this Gartner Event constitutes your acknowledgement and agreement to these terms and conditions.