High Tech & Telecom Providers (HTTP)
The HTTP industry continues to experience unprecedented change — technology paradigms such as cloud computing are forcing companies to rethink business models and ecosystems. This change is blurring market boundaries creating hyper-competition from both traditional and non-traditional competitors. Customers are demanding more and improved services at lower prices with shorter time-to-market. HTTP firms have global reach, hence they undertake M&As to enter new markets and access new capabilities.
In addition to rapidly evolving markets, costs optimization remains a priority thus complex processes and legacy IT systems require urgent and radical re-engineering. HTTP executives need to be bold - they must accelerate their firm's pace of innovation while aggressively reducing operational costs. Leveraging Gartner's unique industry positioning - sitting objectively between buyers and sellers of technology - we assist HTTP clients to sharpen competitive market strategies while optimizing their enterprise IT operations.
We understand the key issues you are facing.
HTTP Market Oriented Issues
- Where are technology markets headed?
- What customers needs are going unmet?
- What technology solutions address market demand and customer needs?
- Who is the competition and how do they compete?
- What differentiators are sustainable & difficult to replicate?
- What are the technology & business model innovations?
- What partners, channel and acquisitions are needed ?
HTTP Operational Issues
- What is needed to align business and IT strategy, thereby balancing quality, service and speed with cost efficiency?
- What core capabilities & processes can be technology enabled to improve efficiencies and customer experience?
- What legacy IT systems and support processes can be simplified?
- What agile business and IT organization and governance mechanisms enables an agile business structure?
We have the data, tools and capabilities to help.
- Dedicated research providing insight and data into a wide-range of technology markets, vendors & buyers with global reach
- Strategic frameworks and market models to rapidly evaluate complex market dynamics in areas such as demand modelling, competitive assessment, channel evaluation, customer segmentation, M&A support, partnerships/alliances
- State-of-the art Enterprise Architecture Models driven by thorough analysis (e.g. total cost of ownership, business alignment)
- IT Cost Optimization with tangible costs savings: Business Demand, Extended Internal Factory, Sourcing and Performance
- Legacy IT Systems Simplification Models (e.g. BSS/OSS) through portfolio rationalization and application consolidation
- Program Management Services for complex global transformation initiatives (e.g. Fixed/Mobile Integration, Single IT)
We are familiar with the demands of your industry.
- Charles Chun
- NA High Tech & Telecom Providers Lead
- Lorenzo Larini
- EMEA High Tech & Telecom Providers Lead