Program & Portfolio Management
Reducing costs, improving business processes, and determining new ways to deliver products and services can be achieved through robust program and portfolio management processes. Gartner frameworks and tools ensure that IT investment decisions are grounded in both short and long term business objectives and the organization's readiness to execute. In addition, Gartner services help organizations realize business benefits by proactively identifying and mitigating risks.
We understand the key issues you are facing.
- Requests for new IT investments appear to be in conflict with current pressures to reduce costs
- Previously approved projects and programs are being put on hold or terminated altogether
- Institutionalizing "just right" project and program management and governance processes is essential for continued customer and executive confidence
- Business, technical, and organization risks need to be proactively identified and addressed
- Organization visibility on the performance and interdependencies of its IT portfolio is critical to managing costs
We have the data, tools and capabilities to help.
- Global resources, backed by the independence and objectivity of Gartner research
- Seasoned consultants and analysts who understand your business and have significant experience with complex projects and programs
- Practical quality assurance and risk assessment tools that address business and operational impacts
- Solutions and frameworks that simplify program and portfolio management and decision making processes
- Industry credibility for independence and objectivity to support political and organizational buy-in on critical decisions
We are familiar with the demands of your role.