In addition to our comprehensive tracks, this Summit offers virtual tracks that allow you to follow a key trend or topic with relevant sessions pulled from across the conference offerings.
Virtual Track: Emerging Technologies
Catalyst explores the leading edge of architecture practice, but sometimes technologies, practices, and patterns emerge that need special attention. The emerging technology track identifies sessions that have particular emphasis on emerging technologies that are likely to impact enterprise IT in the near future.
Virtual Track: Identity and Access Management
Safeguarding enterprise intellectual property and customer information, mobile application needs, and leveraging cloud services all share one thing: identity and access management. This virtual track connects the dots between these topics, highlighting how a solid identity architecture can strength every enterprise initiative.
- How do I control access to cloud services?
- How is IAM relevant to my mobility initiatives?
- How do I bridge my on-premises IAM infrastructure with cloud identity services?
- How has IAM evolved to support my growing requirements?
Virtual Track: Infrastructure and Operations
As the age of Mobility, Cloud, and Social Media moves into full swing and IT organizations seek new and cost effective ways to provide business the tools to employees and customers to improve productivity and sales, the role of IT infrastructure – whether internal or external – is only increased. The virtual Infrastructure and Operations Catalyst track focuses on those sessions that cover infrastructure and operations topics that in turn support the nexus of mobility, cloud, and social media.
Virtual Track: Professional Effectiveness
Getting the technology right is half the battle. How you communicate the options, address cross functional issues, and influence and persuade the organization is a big part of your job, too. Join us to hear about IT's , and your, role in organizational change and development. Learn what it all means to you, and your career.
- How can I advocate more effectively for technology change in my environment?
- How do we identify and manage cross-domain dependencies, implications and constraints?
- How does human behavior and social change affect organizational performance?
- What technologies and architectures should I be paying attention to for the future?
Virtual Track: Security and Risk Management
Faced with economic volatility, advanced threats, regulatory challenges, and accelerating technology disruption information security must adapt. Catalyst 2012's exciting mix of analysts, industry, and end user case study speakers will present and debate versatile strategies for maintaining assurance over agile cloud delivery platforms and endpoint-independent mobile platforms. We'll amalgamate old and new thinking on intertwined architecture and processes: information classification, risk management, beefed up analytics and threat intelligence sharing as well as technical safeguards such as encryption, virtual containers and application control.
- How do we find and classify data – let alone control it – amidst information sprawl?
- How do we manage the risk of cloud delivery platforms, brokers, and applications?
- How can we secure endpoints and their stored information when we don't own the mobile devices?
- How do we make security architectures and processes versatile enough to adapt to – and win – a changing game?