Is your information security program
a roadblock to business progress?
Information security must evolve from just an IT project to the core of critical business decisions. You must protect enterprise data from compromise and drive innovation at the same time. Are you supporting business outcomes or inhibiting them?
DID YOU KNOW?
By 2020, 75% of enterprises' information security budgets will be allocated for rapid detection and response approaches, up from less than 10% in 2012.
Key Challenges in Information Security
You must balance the need to protect the organization and the need to operate the business. How will you align your information security programs to enable business growth?
Identity & Access Management:
You need to prepare your infrastructure for a stateless identity. How will you protect and monitor enterprise assets and processes anytime, anywhere?
Mobile & Cloud Security:
You must evolve your security program to adapt to new forces like cloud, mobile communications and social media. What new perimeters are being created that require information security management?
You need to integrate information security into all the dimensions of the business — technology, processes and behaviors. Your enterprise success depends on your IT security and risk management road map. Is your organization positioned to adapt to new threats?
- Best Practices: What should your security and risk management road map look like to support business growth? How will you assess major elements of your risk and security program? What's your long-term integration strategy for security and information governance? What are best practices for a business applications store?
- Policies: What processes do you need to support intellectual property and sensitive information? What's the impact of new regulatory standards? Do you need an accountability framework?
- Performance Metrics: Is your analytics program helping to drive top-line growth? How will you measure the business value of your information security programs? Are you prepared to map key risk indicators to key business performance indicators?
Identity & Access Management
Identity access is more important than ever as organizational boundaries continue to erode. You need a well-developed identity and access management program to drive cost-savings and business agility and also support new product innovation. How will you support users anytime, anywhere?
- Stateless Identities: What identities standards are mission-critical for your information security programs? Are you prepared to offer consistent identity services? What best practices do you need to support identity in the cloud?
- Authentication: Should you explore stronger authentication to raise identity assurance levels? What emerging authentication techniques should you consider?
- Information Protection: Growing amounts of data make it harder to secure enterprise information. How much more data do you need to detect an advanced attack? Can you really protect your enterprise from malicious activity?
Mobile & Cloud Security
Mobile and cloud-based services are exploding. More business processes extend into the cloud. How will you adapt your existing information security programs to keep up with business and technology changes?
- BYOD: Portable, wirelessly-connected consumer devices are everywhere. By 2018, 70% of mobile professionals will conduct all of their work on personal smart devices. How are you evolving your mobile device management policies?
- Cloud: Do you have a contingency plan for supplier failure? Will you adapt your enterprise security policy to the cloud?
- Mobility: Are you prepared to audit mobile devices? How safe is the data on smartphones? Should you consider the Secure Web Gateway (SWG) as a critical security solution for mobile devices? What data loss prevention programs will you need if sensitive data is placed on smartphones?