Sr Director Analyst
2 years at Gartner,
Location: VA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Matthew is a Senior Director, Analyst in Gartner's Finance Technology and Data & Analytics team. He is an expert on the administration of planning systems and BI including data architecture, ETL/ELT, database development, data modeling, business dimensions, business rules, data integrations, logic design, and dashboard development. Prior to Gartner, Matthew built FP&A capabilities for a global development services company, supporting a 5-year 45% top-line growth. He set the forecasting methodology for a project portfolio of $3B+ operating in 120+ countries, as well as workforce planning and non-labor operating expenses. Matthew oversaw operational and executive report development and distribution reaching 1,000+ users monthly. He has been the technical lead or SME on multiple planning system implementations, and he is a Power BI expert. Matthew has also developed instructional material on functional and digital finance topics in multiple internal forums as well as Georgetown University, AFP Annual Conference, FINNEXT, FP&A Advisory Board, Argyle, and PowerPlatform World Tour.
In addition to a career in the global development services industry, Matthew also spent some time at a consulting firm advising government contracting clients on contracts, pricing, and audits. Earlier on, Matthew was a Peace Corps volunteer in Russia where he developed and delivered finance and marketing courses.
- DAI, Senior Director, Finance, Analytics, and Business Performance, 14 years
- Democracy International, Director of Operations, 1 year
- Sibley International, Associate, 3 years
- Humboldt University of Berlin, German Language and Literature; Economics
- Wittenberg University, B.A., Business Management and German Language and Literature
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
31 March 20232023 Finance Technology Bullseye Report
16 February 20232023 Strategic Roadmap for FP&A Technology
19 December 2022Critical Capabilities for Financial Planning Software
- 31 May 2023 - 01 June 2023 CFO & Finance Executive Conference
- 18 September 2023 - 19 September 2023 CFO & Finance Executive Conference
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.