1 year at Gartner, 36 years industry experience
Location: MA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Ben is a member of the Gartner for General Managers program, Gartner's advisory services that consults with and counsels Gartner's most senior industry clients.
Ben is a widely acknowledged IT futurist, author and thought leader, with a storied track record analyzing the cutting edge of business and technology. Whilst at Gartner between 1997 and 2011 he was one of the lead analysts on all things "cloud" writing the industry's first research notes on the cloud in 1997 and on Salesforce.com in 2001. At Cognizant, he was the co-founder of the Center for the Future of Work, the head of thought leadership, and a member of the Executive Leadership Team. He co-authored three best-selling and award-winning books, including 2017's What To Do When Machines Do Everything. He was a Bilderberg Meeting participant in 2018, a frequent speaker at the World Economic Forum, and his work was covered in the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, the New York Times, NPR, PBS, Axios, and many other leading media outlets. He was named as one of 30 management thinkers to watch in 2020 by Thinkers 50 and as a leading influencer on the future of work by Onalytica in 2022.
- Cognizant , Vice President, Head of Thought Leadership, 10 years
- Gartner , Vice President, Research , 15 years
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, Research Manager , 4 years
- B.A. Honors, Philosophy, Manchester University (UK).
- Bilderberg Meeting participant 2018
- Named a leading influencer on the future of work by Onalytica
- Named a leading management thinker by Thinkers 50
- Winner of Gartner's annual thought leadership award, 2007
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
25 January 2023The Upcoming M&A-Driven IT Services Market Shake-Up
24 January 2023Market Opportunity Map: IT Services, Worldwide
13 October 2022Market Opportunity Map: Salesforce-Related Professional Services, Worldwide