Sr Director Analyst
1 year at Gartner, 14 years' experience
Location: United Kingdom | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Paul Riley is a Senior Director Analyst in Gartner Research and Advisory where his research area is mainly higher education digital strategies, governance, and digital capabilities. The strategic approach prioritises user experience and the student voice as it relates to the digital environment. He has considerable experience of developing and implementing digital strategies, as well as technology roadmaps, system implementations, capability frameworks, and externally funded projects.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Riley had 30 years in the higher education sector as Director of Library and Information Services and had multiple roles in Cardiff Metropolitan University. As Director, Mr. Riley was responsible for Library Services (physical Learning Centres, digital resources), Information Services (user support, infrastructure, software development), and Business Improvement Services (programme management, project management, business analysis). Mr. Riley provided leadership and advocacy for the effective use of technologies during the pandemic, delivering a hybrid approach to working, teaching and learning. He has worked with external bodies and serves as a board member.
- Cardiff Metropolitan University, Director of Library and Information Services, 12 years
- University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, Head of Library Services, 11 years
- BSc English and Library Studies (Loughborough University)
- MSc Management of Library and Information Services (Aberystwyth University)
- PgCert Leadership for Collaboration (University of Wales Institute, Cardiff)