Sr Director Analyst
1 year at Gartner, 16 years' experience
Location: United Kingdom | Language(s): English, Romanian
Roles and Responsibilities
Aura Popa is a Senior Research Director at Gartner, focusing on BI, Analytics and Data Science. Ms. Popa advises Data and Analytics leaders on making the most from their data through best practices in applying advanced analytics to solve complex business problems, using data visualization and storytelling to convey the findings to a broader audience. She is also passionate about how to organize Analytics and Data Science teams, with a focus on design, development, training, instruction and data literacy.
Prior to joining Gartner, Ms. Popa has been advising clients of various vertical industries on data analytics and insights, data strategy, roadmaps, strategy and implementation. During her 15 years experience in Market Research Data Science and Analytics, she delivered a number of company wide analytics solutions, including dashboards and complex data science projects that helped business decision markers understand the high impact choice they can undertake based on data and insights.
- Euromoney, Head of Surveys and Insights, 2 years
- The Statistical Company, Market Research Data science Consultant, 5 years
- The Walt Disney Company, Research Analyst, 1 year
- B.S., Statistics and Economic Forecasting, Academy of Economic Studies
- M.Phil. Statistics and Econometrics, Academy of Economic Studies
- Chartered Statistician - Royal Statistical Society, London, UK (2018)