Sr Director Analyst
1 year at Gartner, 23 years' experience
Location: AL USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Wayne is a Sr. Director Advisor. Wayne Hankins' area of focus revolves around mobile device threat prevention, IoT Security, Mobile Network Security (4G & 5G), Zero Trust Architecture, SASE/SSE, SDWAN, Cloud Security (CNAPP, CASB, CSPM, & CWPP), and Ransomware.
Before joining Gartner, Wayne spent the last 25 years working in the Telecommunications and IT field. During that time, he built Enterprise WAN networks across the globe while utilizing security best practices. He also has 10 plus years of experience securing Mobile Devices (Routers, IoT, and Handsets).
- EDS, Application Support, 2 years
- T-Mobile/ Sprint, Sr. Solutions Engineering Manager, 22 years
- Masters of Engineering, Information Engineering and Management, University of Alabama, Birmingham
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Patent: File control for data packet routers using consensus and inter-planetary file system (IPFS US 11115312 Issued Sep 7, 2021)
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
15 September 2023Quick Answer: Open-Source Cybersecurity Resources (IR, Talent & Policy)
13 September 2023Video: Why Zero Trust Can Help, and How to Get Started
23 March 2023Toolkit: Tabletop Exercise for the Business Response to Ransomware