Distinguished VP Analyst
20 years at Gartner, 26 years' experience
Location: Spain | Language(s): Catalan, English, French, Spanish
Roles and Responsibilities
Mary Mesaglio is a Managing Vice President, leading the Executive Leadership Dynamics team, where she also contributes as an analyst. Ms. Mesaglio's research has a practical bent and is focused on helping enterprises to transform, innovate and change their culture. Much of her recent work has focused on how to motivate employees who are feeling crisis fatigue, critical actions for leaders during a crisis, how to turn values into action and what it takes for humans to really transform. Ms. Mesaglio is on a mission to help large enterprises harness behavioural science to lead teams and change behaviors. She is a frequent keynote speaker at Gartner events and externally. Ms. Mesaglio is Canadian and is based in Barcelona, Spain. She has traveled extensively in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. She speaks English, Spanish and French fluently, is working on her Catalan, and would love to learn Japanese one day.
In 2003, Ms. Mesaglio joined Gartner as a relationship manager for Gartner Executive Programs, where she was responsible for CIOs and IT directors across Spain and Portugal. In 2007, she joined the Gartner CIO Research team.
- Gartner, Executive Partner, 4 years
- Senior Research Analyst, Gartner, 4 years
- Bachelor of Science, Foreign Service, Major in International Economics, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., Awarded an Honors Certificate in International Business Diplomacy
- 1 Golden Quill Award for Best Written Research
- 1 Sales Excellence Award
- 2 Gartner Presentation Excellence Awards
- 2 Gartner Project Champion Awards
- 3 Gartner Thought Leadership Awards