Andrea Di Maio
Practice Vice President
25 years at Gartner, 39 years industry experience
Location: Milan, MI Italy | Language(s): English, French, Italian
Roles and Responsibilities
Andrea Di Maio is a Practice Vice President in Gartner Research, where he leads the Public Sector research team. Mr. Di Maio's personal coverage includes e-government and digital government strategies, social media strategies, open government, cloud computing, the business value of IT, and the impact of technology on the future of government.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Di Maio was with the European Commission, where he was responsible for part of the R&D framework program, as well as for all activities on the impact of the year 2000 problem and the IT impact of the European single currency. Before the European Commission, he held management and technical positions in the systems and software industry. He has more than 30 years of experience in IT.
- European Commission, Program Officer, 4 years
- TXT, Software Technology Director, 4 years
- Techint Software, System Engineer and Group Manager, 5 years
- M.S., Electronics Engineering, summa cum laude, Politecnico di Milano
- Gartner Analyst of the Year (2008)
- Gartner Industries Analyst of the Year (2007)
- Gartner Thought Leadership Award (2008)
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.