Sr Director Analyst
23 years at Gartner, 26 years industry experience
Location: United Kingdom | Language(s): English, Indian - Hindi, Indian - Punjabi
Roles and Responsibilities
Ranjit Atwal is a Research Director in Gartner's Quantitative Innovation team. Mr. Atwal has estimated the future impact of remote working on IT spending and created a Forecast Analysis: Remote and Hybrid Workers, Worldwide showing the change in the future of the workforce. The key question is how Technology will help manage and enhance employee performance as digital transformation takes place. Additionally, I am focused on the changing environment of PCs, smart wearables, and smartphones, evaluating the long-term changes in device usage. Some of his other research leverages the Technology attractiveness index (Tool: Technology Attractiveness Index), to evaluate the comparative products using an Index, within different markets such as Enterprise computing, process automation and data center. Mr. Atwal is often quoted in the press in publications such as The Economist and BBC.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Atwal was an intelligence analyst with the Occupational Pensions Regulatory Authority, where he managed the research and intelligence unit.
- Century Insurance, Business Analyst, 5 years
- OPRA, Senior Intelligence Analyst, 3 years
- Prudential Insurance, Fraud Analyst, 3 years
- B.A., with honors, Business Management, South Bank University
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
28 September 2022Gartner Market Databook, 3Q22 Update
23 September 2022Forecast: Mobile Phones, Worldwide, 2020-2026, 3Q22 Update
23 September 2022Forecast: PCs, Tablets and Mobile Phones, Worldwide, 2020-2026, 3Q22 Update
- 13 October 2020 IT Spending Forecast, 3Q20: Technology Trends Accelerated by COVID
- 20 October 2021 IT Spending Forecast, 3Q21 Update: Help Employees and Customers Stay Connected