Distinguished VP Analyst
22 years at Gartner, 44 years industry experience
Location: USA | Language(s): English, French
Roles and Responsibilities
Bern Elliot is a Vice President and Distinguished Analyst with Gartner Research. Mr. Elliot has been with Gartner for more than 20 years. His current research focus is artificial intelligence (AI) generally, with an added focus on natural language processing (NLP), machine translation, and customer engagement and service.
In Mr. Elliot's previous coverage within Gartner he was a Lead Analyst in the areas of contact center infrastructure and Unified Communications. In his more than 20 years of IT experience prior to Gartner, Mr. Elliot has served in a variety of technical and managerial roles, such as a CTI Architect for three Fortune 100 financial services firms, a contact center strategic assessments specialist for North American and European communications vendors, and a communications systems designer for major computing firms. He has also been Co-Founder and Product Manager with several internet startups. Mr. Elliot was the Founding Chair and Coordinator for several internet messaging and directory standards initiatives, including Voice Profile for Internet Messaging (VPIM).
- Electronic Messaging Association, Chair for the Internet Standards Group - VPIM, 8 years
- MBNA Bank, Senior Contact Center CTI Systems Architect, 1 year
- Vanguard Communications, Senior Consultant, 5 years
- Holds patents in the voice groupware area
- M.S., Computer Sciences, University of Massachusetts at Amherst; Master's Thesis topic area: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Worked with Wharton Business School faculty developing models for IT technology adoption
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
21 September 2022Prioritize Chatbot Application to Meet Current and Future Self-Service Demand
06 September 2022Quick Answer: How Can Everyday AI Improve Worker Digital Dexterity?
15 July 2022Quick Answer: How to Prioritize Requirements in the RFP for Conversational AI
- 22 September 2021 Top Tech Trends in Customer Service & Support for 2021 and Their Future Impacts
- 25 May 2022 Deploy Chatbots to Meet Self-Service Demands
- 22 July 2022 Ask the Gartner Expert: Deploy Chatbots to Meet Self-Service Demands