Distinguished VP Analyst
23 years at Gartner, 31 years industry experience
Location: Arlington, VA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Lydia Leong is a Distinguished VP and Analyst with Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP). Ms. Leong's coverage is focused on cloud computing and infrastructure strategies, particularly infrastructure as a service (IaaS), along with platform as a service (PaaS) as it intersects IaaS. She also covers a constellation of related topics, such as cloud strategy, management and governance; cloud managed service providers (MSPs); and cloud operations including DevOps. Because cloud computing is reshaping the IT landscape, her research covers a broad range of topics related to the transformation of IT organizations, data centers and technology providers. Over the course of her Gartner career, she has worked in all three of Gartner's major research divisions, advising business and technical leadership at end-user organizations and vendors, as well as investors. She was Gartner's Analyst of the Year in 2010.
Prior to joining Gartner, Ms. Leong held various technical and management positions in the internet industry, including Director of Server Engineering at Excite@Home and director of product engineering and operations at Digex/Intermedia Communications. Her prior roles have included product management, systems architecture, large-scale data center operations (including DevOps-style operations) and product development.
- Digex, Director, Product Engineering and Operations, 3 years
- Excite@Home, Director, Server Engineering, 1 year
- Computer Science Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- Graduate Courses, Computer Systems Management, University of Maryland's Graduate School of Management and Technology
- "Cool Site of the Day," 29 October 1994
- Gartner Analyst of the Year, 2010
- Gartner Quantitative Research Excellence award, 2009
- Gartner Thought Leadership award, 2008 and 2010
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
09 March 2023Cloud Governance Best Practices: How to Create a Cloud Adoption Policy
08 March 2023Quick Answer: How Do I Obtain Isolated Private Cloud Services?
13 February 2023How to Manage Concentration Risk in Public Cloud Services
- 15 May 2023 - 16 May 2023 IT Infrastructure, Operations and Cloud Strategies Conference
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.