22 years at Gartner, 30 years industry experience
Location: AZ USA | Language(s): English, Spanish
Roles and Responsibilities
Alfonso Velosa helps Gartner clients make better decisions about their Internet of Things (IoT), digital twins, and composable business enterprise strategy and tactics, and emerging technology strategy. This includes ecosystem relationships, IoT software platforms and digital twins. Mr. Velosa's research agenda covers the value stack, focusing on how enterprises should factor IoT and digital technologies and business models into building a composable business and on vendor IoT strategies.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Velosa managed vendor relationships and contract negotiations with Intel's supply chain team. Previously, he provided project and program management services to NASA in Washington, D.C., and in Cleveland, culminating in the management of a project that flew on the space shuttle in 1997. Additionally, he worked as an engineer with IBM Research and as a management consultant at Mars & Co.
- Bionetics, Senior Systems Engineer, 3 years
- Intel, Supply Chain, 2 years
- NASA Lewis Research Center (NYMA), Project Scientist - DPIMS, 3 years
- B.S., Materials Science Engineering, Columbia University
- M.B.A., International Management, Thunderbird School of Global Management
- M.S., Materials Science Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- 2016 Gartner Research Thought Leadership Award
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
21 September 2022Emerging Tech: Venture Capital Growth Insights for Digital Twins
19 September 20226 Top Practices for Winning the Race Toward Intelligent Assets
19 September 2022Quick Answer: What Are Intelligent Assets and Why Are They Important?
- 19 January 2021 Practical CIO Steps for IoT to Drive Your Composable Business Roadmap
- 16 June 2021 Build a Strategic Enterprise Roadmap With IoT for Composable Business
- 06 July 2022 The Role of Digital Twins in Your Business, Products and Strategy