23 years at Gartner, 35 years industry experience
Location: Spain | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Steve Blood is a VP, Analyst in the Customer Service and Support team, part of the Sales & Customer Service practice. His research focus is on customer service and support technologies. His key areas of specialty are contact center applications, digital customer service and customer service analytics. Mr. Blood writes for and advises end-user clients on market adoption, technology trends and the value of technology in the customer service space.
Mr. Blood has more than 30 years of experience in the ICT industry including his time at Gartner. Prior to joining Gartner, he was product marketing manager at Rockwell Electronic Commerce, where he was responsible for marketing the next-generation contact center portfolio to the EMEA marketplace. Before that, Mr. Blood spent 10 years in the United Kingdom's telecommunications industry in product management, sales and technical support roles for BT, Mercury Communications and NTL.
- Mercury Communications, Product Manager, 7 years
- NTL, Product Manager, 1 year
- Rockwell Electronic Commerce, Product Marketing Manager, 3 years
- Gartner Sales Excellence Award, EMEA, 2014
- Gartner Sales Excellence Award, EMEA, 2015
- Gartner Thought Leadership Award, 2004
- Rated most important analyst for communications and networking in 2009 by members of the Institute of Industry Analyst Relations (IIAR)
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
13 March 2023Market Guide for Contact Center Infrastructure
14 February 20232023 Strategic Roadmap for Customer Service and Support Technology
06 February 2022Quick Answer: What Is Customer Empathy and Why Should I Care?
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.