23 years at Gartner, 35 years industry experience
Location: Spain | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Steve Blood is a VP, analyst in the Customer Experience practice of Gartner Research and Advisory. His research focus is on customer service and support technologies. His key areas of specialty are contact center applications, digital customer service and customer service analytics. Mr. Blood writes for and advises end-user clients on market adoption, technology trends and the value of technology in the customer service space.
Mr. Blood has 30 years of experience in the ICT industry including his time at Gartner. Prior to joining Gartner, he was product marketing manager at Rockwell Electronic Commerce, where he was responsible for marketing the next-generation contact center portfolio to the EMEA marketplace. Before that, Mr. Blood spent 10 years in the United Kingdom's telecommunications industry in product management, sales and technical support roles for BT, Mercury Communications and NTL.
- Mercury Communications, Product Manager, 7 years
- NTL, Product Manager, 1 year
- Rockwell Electronic Commerce, Product Marketing Manager, 3 years
- Gartner Sales Excellence Award, EMEA, 2014
- Gartner Sales Excellence Award, EMEA, 2015
- Gartner Thought Leadership Award, 2004
- Rated most important analyst for communications and networking in 2009 by members of the Institute of Industry Analyst Relations (IIAR)