Distinguished VP Analyst
22 years at Gartner, 36 years industry experience
Location: OH USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
As a member of the Data and Analytics team, Ted Friedman conducts research focused on data management strategy, data and analytics governance, data and analytics implications of the Internet of Things, DataOps and data hub strategy and architectures. Mr. Friedman works with Gartner clients on building the business case for investing in and furthering their maturity in these areas, as well as guiding them in strategies for modernization of their data management programs, disciplines and technology infrastructure.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Friedman was employed by several large companies, including Andersen Consulting and GE, where he designed and deployed large-scale relational database applications, analytic applications and advanced information technologies.
- Andersen Consulting, Consulting Manager, 7 years
- GE, IT Project Manager, 5 years
- B.S., Applied Science, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- M.S., Computing and Information Science, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
28 July 2022A Day in the Life of a Data and Analytics Steward
17 July 2022Effective Data and Analytics Governance Includes a Range of Policy Types
05 July 2021What Data and Analytics Leaders Need to Know and Do About Digital Twins
- 22 March 2022 The Gartner Top Trends in Data & Analytics for 2022