Distinguished VP Analyst
5 years at Gartner, 39 years' experience
Location: United Kingdom | Language(s): English, Japanese
Roles and Responsibilities
Dave Aron is a Vice President and Gartner Fellow in the CIO Research group, focusing on digital business and innovation. Mr. Aron is a thought leader on digital business strategy and helping Boards and CxOs understand and engage with advanced business and technology topics such as the impact of the digital dragons, the rise of digital China, antifragility, business dynamics and real options. He has received Gartner's Analyst of the Year award, created Gartner's IT strategy framework and originated the concept and term "bimodal." He was voted one of the 50 most influential people in U.K. IT in 2017. He has taught business and IT topics at a number of business schools, including London Business School, Oxford University's Said Business School and Henley Business School, and recently wrote a book, "The Essence of Strategy."
Mr. Aron led the global research function at Leading Edge Forum, leading a team of researchers creating insight for clients about leading edge trends, including leading study tours to Seattle and Silicon Valley.
- Baring Securities, Systems and Security Manager, 4 years
- Leading Edge Forum, Global Head of Research, 2 years
- McKinsey, Associate, 2 years
- B.Sc. (I), Queen Mary College
- M.B.A., London Business School
- Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
- Fellow of British Computer Society (FBCS)
- Gartner Analyst of the Year, 2009
- UKtech50, 2017