18 years at Gartner, 36 years industry experience
Location: OH USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Jay Heiser is a VP analyst and the Chief of Research for the ITL Security and Risk Management team. Mr. Heiser's recent areas of research include digital business risks, Cloud risks, and SaaS governance. His most recent research examines the international implications of the public cloud computing business model.
Mr. Heiser's background includes several software product management roles involving encryption, secure messaging, antivirus and secure UNIX software. As a consultant, he has performed security assessments for major corporations, multinational internet service providers and the US Department of Defense, as well as writing information security policies for both UBS and Credit Suisse. Co-author of the book "Computer Forensics: Incident Response Fundamentals," he was a columnist for Information Security magazine for 10 years.
- International Network Services/Lucent Technologies, Principal Consultant, 3 years
- The Santa Cruz Operation, Product Manager, 6 years
- UBS, Associate Director, Group Information Security, 2 years
- B.A., College of Wooster, Ohio (studied computer science, religion and German; awarded honors on senior thesis, a computer-assisted analysis of an ancient document)
- Certified Information System Security Professional
- M.B.A., International Management, Thunderbird School of Global Management (now part of Arizona State University)
- Mr. Heiser has served on the Editorial Advisory Board for Information Security magazine, the Advisory Board for the London Chapter of ISSA and several (ISC)2 test advisory groups.
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
21 October 2022Tool: Framework for Developing IaaS Security Policy
06 September 2022Brave New Worlds: Tapestry of Trends 2022 by Gartner Futures Lab
22 August 2022Infographic: Understanding Typical Risks of Public Cloud