19 years at Gartner, 45 years industry experience
Location: MN USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Barry Runyon is a healthcare provider analyst and researcher. His research agenda includes enterprise and point-of-care technologies and solutions such as interoperability, clinical communications and collaboration, nurse call, interactive patient care, vendor-neutral archives and an operational and technology framework called the real-time health system.
Mr. Runyon has held lead architect and technical management positions with both consulting and vendor organizations and has been in the IT field since 1978, both inside and outside of healthcare. He was involved very early in the development of the HL7 standard. Prior to joining Gartner, he served as the Chief Technology Officer at the University Medical Center in Tucson, Arizona.
- Sunquest Information Systems, Director of Third-Party Integration, 5 years
- United Parcel Service, Scottsdale, Arizona, Chief Architect - Logistics and B2B Technologies, 4 years
- University Medical Center, Tucson, Arizona, Chief Technology Officer, 2 years
- B.S., Murray State University
- M.A., University of Kentucky
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.