17 years at Gartner, 33 years industry experience
Location: United Kingdom | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Alistair Newton is a Research Vice President in the Banking and Investment Services client vertical. Mr. Newton advises clients on key industry trends and developments across the areas of digital banking, digital leadership, innovation, fintechs and new and emerging digital business models in the banking sector.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Newton was in the financial services sector for more than 16 years, much of which was with Abbey National in the U.K. He has extensive experience in strategic marketing, business deployment and technology across the banking industry. While at Abbey National, he led the Emerging Technologies, Payment Strategy, E-Commerce Strategy and Foreign Strategy teams. Additionally, he had responsibility for a number of back-office business functions within the bank.
- Abbey National, Head of Emerging Technologies, Head of Payment Strategies, 4 years
- Abbey National, Manager of E-Commerce Strategies, Manager of Foreign Strategy, 5 years
- Abbey National, Manager of Foreign Payments, Manager of Branch Accounting, 6 years
- B.A., Accounting, University of Kent
- M.B.A., University of Warwick
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
24 August 2022How Banks Can Take On Super-Apps
12 August 2022Embedded Finance Is Driving Innovation and Differentiation in Banking
12 August 2022Embedded Finance Use Cases for Your Digital Transformation