25 years at Gartner, 28 years industry experience
Location: ON Canada | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Mr Firstbrook utilizes his 20+ years of experience as an industry analyst to help clients improve their security posture to defend and respond hacking, ransomware, and phishing attacks. As a Research VP with Gartner, Mr. Firstbrook is responsible for endpoint protection platform ("EPP"), Endpoint Detection and Remediation ("EDR"), extended detection and response (XDR), and Secure Email gateways ("SEG"). He is the lead Analyst for Cisco Systems inc. and prepares the annual top Security and risk management trends. He helps companies implement best practices, select strategic technologies and negotiate the best deal.
Before joining Meta Group in May 1997, Mr. Firstbrook worked as a financial analyst, implemented retail and branch office networks, developed software for tax reporting/invoicing programs, and was a database administrator.
- Meta Group, Sr. Research Analyst, 8 years
- Syndication Monitors, Financial Analyst/Marketing Director, 5 years
- Yorkminister Financial, Database/Network Administrator, 3 years
- B.A., Economics, University of Western Ontario
- B.S., Computer Science, American Institute, Delta Epsilon Tau honors
- Canadian Securities Diploma, Canadian Securities Institute
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
20 October 2022Enhance Your Cyberattack Preparedness With Identity Threat Detection and Response
06 October 2022Cool Vendors in Hybrid Work Security
18 February 2022Top Trends in Cybersecurity 2022