Distinguished VP Analyst
30 years at Gartner, 42 years industry experience
Location: FL USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
David Cearley is a Distinguished Vice President Analyst and Gartner Fellow in Gartner Research and is a leading authority on information technology. As a member of Gartner Research, Mr. Cearley analyzes emerging and strategic business and technology trends and explores how these trends shape the way individuals and companies derive value from technology. As a member of the Technology Innovation research group, he focuses on emerging and strategic technology trends, trendspotting, and how enterprises establish technology innovation programs.
Mr. Cearley's expertise spans software architectures and standards, component software models, application design, the internet, business-IT alignment, and the cloud computing market. He has worked with a wide range of end-user and vendor organizations assisting in strategy creation, technology selection, implementation planning and organizational development. Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Cearley held various senior-level research positions at Meta Group. Before that, he was vice president of R&D for Revelation Technologies, served as program director at Gartner Group, and held various managerial/director-level positions at Innovative Software and Informix.
- Informix/Innovative Software, Director, Product Management, 8 years
- Meta Group, Senior Vice President & Principal Analyst, 12 years
- Revelation Technologies, Vice President, Research & Development, 2 years
- B.S., Finance and Economics, Rockhurst University
- Gartner Fellow
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
04 October 2022Video: Does My Organization Need a Futurist Capability?
12 September 2022Preparing for a Future of Continuous Disruptions
06 September 2022Brave New Worlds: Tapestry of Trends 2022 by Gartner Futures Lab
- 01 December 2020 The Gartner Top Strategic Technology Trends for 2021
- 12 January 2021 The Gartner 2021 Top Strategic Technology Trends
- 16 March 2021 The Top Strategic Technology Trends for 2021