Distinguished VP Analyst
21 years at Gartner, 38 years industry experience
Location: PA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Janelle B. Hill is a Chief of Research for Gartner's CIO practice. In this role, she looks across the non-industry, CIO research agendas to insure they are client centric, relevant and integrated. As a Distinguished Vice President, her research focus is on transitioning to digital business at scale. This includes upgrading or even redesigning enterprise business operations to support the digital ambition and strategy. She also contributes to our research on operating models for the internal IT function to increase IT's value contribution to the business. A key focus is enabling strategic engagement between the CIO's team and business stakeholders. Many clients want to shift from IT as "order-taker" to "strategic partner." Ms. Hill primarily works with the CIO and the IT leadership team, as well as with business executives on their digital initiatives. She regularly speaks with CEOs, COOs, Chief Digital Officers. She leads interactive workshops, presents at conferences, writes extensively and is often quoted in business and IT journals on digital business transformation and the CIO's role in business transformation.
Previously, as Director of Industry Solutions Marketing, Ms. Hill's focus was on manufacturing industries. She was responsible for planning marketing programs and events, writing marketing collateral and working directly with field sales personnel on sales opportunities. She also did competitive analysis.
- IBM, Senior Sales and Systems Engineer, Solution Marketing, 9 years
- MCI Telecommunications, Director, Database Administration, 2 years
- Vitria, Director, Industry Solutions Marketing, 2 years
- B.A., Barnard College, Columbia University
- M.B.A., New York University, Stern School of Business
- Wall Street journal interview and article on CIO as the "COO by Proxy" - Coronavirus Pandemic Helps Speed More CIOs Toward Business Operations Accountability - Nov, 2020
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.