Distinguished VP Analyst
21 years at Gartner, 38 years' experience
Location: PA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Janelle B. Hill is a Distinguished Vice President in Gartner's Executive Leadership of Digital Business team, primarily contributing to the M&A and Corporate Development research. Her research focus emphasizes evolving enterprise business operations to support the digital ambition and strategy, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Ms. Hill primarily works with the CIO and executive leaders on their business transformation initiatives. She regularly speaks with CEOs, COOs, Chief Digital Officers and CIOs. She leads interactive workshops, presents at conferences, writes extensively and is often quoted in business and IT journals on digital business transformation and the evolving role of the CIO in business transformation. Prior to joining Gartner's CIO Practice, Janelle led Gartner's Business Process Management research team.
Previously, as Director of Industry Solutions Marketing, Ms. Hill's focus was on manufacturing industries. She was responsible for planning marketing programs and events, writing marketing collateral and working directly with field sales personnel on sales opportunities. She also did competitive analysis.
- IBM, Senior Sales and Systems Engineer, Solution Marketing, 9 years
- MCI Telecommunications, Director, Database Administration, 2 years
- Vitria, Director, Industry Solutions Marketing, 2 years
- B.A., Barnard College, Columbia University
- M.B.A., New York University, Stern School of Business
- Wall Street journal interview and article on CIO as the "COO by Proxy" - Coronavirus Pandemic Helps Speed More CIOs Toward Business Operations Accountability - Nov, 2020
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
23 August 20233 Generative AI Imperatives for CIOs in 2023
07 August 2023Leadership Vision for 2H23: CIO
19 July 2023Use Value Streams for Benefits Realization and Justifying Budgets