Distinguished VP Analyst
21 years at Gartner, 38 years industry experience
Location: PA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Janelle B. Hill is a Distinguished Vice President in Gartner's Executive Leadership of Digital Business team, primarily contributing to the M&A and Corporate Development research. Her research focus emphasizes evolving enterprise business operations to support the digital ambition and strategy, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Ms. Hill primarily works with the CIO and executive leaders on their business transformation initiatives. She regularly speaks with CEOs, COOs, Chief Digital Officers and CIOs. She leads interactive workshops, presents at conferences, writes extensively and is often quoted in business and IT journals on digital business transformation and the evolving role of the CIO in business transformation. Prior to joining Gartner's CIO Practice, Janelle led Gartner's Business Process Management research team.
Previously, as Director of Industry Solutions Marketing, Ms. Hill's focus was on manufacturing industries. She was responsible for planning marketing programs and events, writing marketing collateral and working directly with field sales personnel on sales opportunities. She also did competitive analysis.
- IBM, Senior Sales and Systems Engineer, Solution Marketing, 9 years
- MCI Telecommunications, Director, Database Administration, 2 years
- Vitria, Director, Industry Solutions Marketing, 2 years
- B.A., Barnard College, Columbia University
- M.B.A., New York University, Stern School of Business
- Wall Street journal interview and article on CIO as the "COO by Proxy" - Coronavirus Pandemic Helps Speed More CIOs Toward Business Operations Accountability - Nov, 2020
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
06 May 2023Use Industry and Regional Perspectives on the 2023 CIO and Technology Executive Agenda to Guide Strategic Plans
26 April 2023Executive Essentials: Use Your Enterprise Operating Model to Optimize Business Operations
03 April 2023Leverage Your Enterprise Operating Model to Optimize Business Operations
- 16 October 2023 - 19 October 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
- 06 November 2023 - 09 November 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.