SVP, Research & Advisory
30 years at Gartner, 32 years industry experience
Location: Arlington, VA USA | Language(s): English, Slovenian
Roles and Responsibilities
Val Sribar leads Gartner's CIO Research Group. The group provides leadership, strategy, digital business, IT finance, IT talent and organizational advice to CIOs and other executives. It includes teams focused on specific vertical industries (such as banking, consumer goods, education, energy and utilities, healthcare, insurance, retail and telecommunications). Mr. Sribar's personal areas of expertise focus on strategy, digital business, organizational design and IT cost optimization.
Mr. Sribar was most recently responsible for Meta Group's Executive Directions and Industry Services. Previously, he was an Executive Directions analyst working one-on-one with CIOs and other IT leaders. During his 12 years at Meta, he served as general manager of infrastructure, operations, security and customer relationship offerings. He also ran Meta's Global Networking Strategies service.
- Ernst & Young, Senior Consultant, 3 years
- Meta Group, Senior Vice President & Director, Executive Directions & Industry Services, 12 years
- Micro Devices Corp., Assistant to the President, 2 years
- B.S., with distinction, Materials Science and Engineering, Cornell University School of Engineering.
- Co-author of two books in the IT Best Practices Series: (1) "The Adaptive Enterprise: IT Infrastructure Strategies to Manage Change and Enable Growth"; and (2)"Enriching the Value Chain: Infrastructure Strategies Beyond the Enterprise"