Distinguished VP Analyst
32 years at Gartner, 36 years industry experience
Location: CT USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Matthew Cain is a Vice President and Distinguished Analyst at Gartner. Mr. Cain is a futurist focusing on the intersection of technology, job skills and workforce culture. He founded Gartner's Digital Workplace and digital dexterity key initiative, which is designed to help executive leaders plan and execute technology strategies that incorporate consumer, workforce and business trends.
Mr. Cain has more than 35 years of IT experience. He joined Gartner in April 2005 with the acquisition of Meta Group, where he specialized in email and collaboration technologies. Before joining Meta Group in 1990, he was the managing editor of MIS Week. He began his career as an editor for Electronic News.
- Fairchild Publications, Managing Editor, MIS Week; Senior Editor, Electronic News, 4 years
- Meta Group, Vice President and Distinguished Analyst, 18 years
- B.A., Dickinson College
- M.A., Columbia University
- Four-time winner of the Gartner Thought Leadership Award for his work on the digital workplace, workforce digital dexterity, effective responses to the pandemic, and the future of work.
- Two-time winner of Gartner's Golden Quill Award for excellence in writing