Distinguished VP Analyst
27 years at Gartner, 41 years industry experience
Location: United Kingdom | Language(s): Afrikaans, English
Roles and Responsibilities
Tom Scholtz is a Research Vice President and Gartner Fellow Emeritus. Mr. Scholtz also completed a term as the Chief of Research for Security and Risk Management. He advises clients on security management strategies and trends, and is an acknowledged authority on information security governance, security strategy, security organizational dynamics, and security management processes. Based in the U.K., he is a regular presenter at European industry events.
Mr. Scholtz has more than 30 years of experience in information security and system management. His background includes extensive technology experience in the utility and banking industries. He joined Gartner in April 2005 with the acquisition of Meta Group, where he was an analyst for eight years. Before Meta Group, he served in various IT architecture and operations roles for a number of South African companies.
- Eskom, IT Advisor, 13 years
- Meta Group, Vice President, 8 years
- Nedcor Bank, Operations Manager, 1 year
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, University of South Africa
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
27 March 2023Tool: Cybersecurity Organization Design Benchmarking Data
14 February 20232023 Cybersecurity Primer: Meet Daily Cybersecurity Needs
14 February 2023Cybersecurity Leadership Primer for 2023
- 05 June 2023 - 07 June 2023 Security & Risk Management Summit
- 26 September 2023 - 28 September 2023 Security & Risk Management Summit
- 06 November 2023 - 09 November 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.