18 years at Gartner, 37 years industry experience
Location: United Kingdom | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Tim Payne is a Research Vice President in Gartner, where he is part of the Supply Chain Research group and is lead analyst for Gartner's research into supply chain planning technologies. In this position, Mr. Payne supports both Gartner's supply chain and IT clients and is able to leverage more than 15 years of direct experience in supply chain management into his research. His current research areas focus on all aspects of supply chain planning technology which includes areas such as supply chain design, sales and operations planning, demand planning, inventory planning and optimization, replenishment planning, manufacturing planning and scheduling, and order promising.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Payne worked in supply chain management for multinationals for more than 15 years. During that time, he led many European supply chain re-engineering, improvement and optimization programs, including several supply chain planning system implementations.
- 3M Europe, European Supply Chain Analysis & Development Manager, 17 years
- NCH Europe, European Supply Chain Director, 2 years
- B.Sc., with honors, First Class Chemical Engineering, Birmingham University, U.K.
- M.B.A., Open University, U.K.
- M.Sc., Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Cranfield University, U.K.
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.