17 years at Gartner, 18 years industry experience
Location: Germany | Language(s): English, German
Roles and Responsibilities
Annette Zimmermann is a VP Analyst in the Emerging Technologies and Trends team, and her coverage focus is supporting product leaders in various markets including personal devices and indoor location services. Especially on the topic of location technologies, she also spends a large portion of her time with Gartner's IT end-user clients to help with their asset and people tracking initiatives across various industries. This includes the analysis of a wide area of location technologies such as BLE, Wi-Fi, RFID and UWB. As part of Gartner's emerging technologies research initiatives, Ms. Zimmermann's topics expand to an additional area: AI Services, AI Avatars and Emotion AI technologies, the latter encompassing technologies such as voice-based emotion analysis and computer vision-based facial expression detection. Finally, she helps Technology and Service Providers with their environmental sustainability efforts. In her research she discusses key sustainability concepts such as circularity and opportunities of enabling technologies. Further, her insights help TSP product leaders to shape their product strategy by making environmental goals such as Sustainability by Design an integral part of it.
Before joining Gartner, Ms. Zimmermann was a Management Consultant at Barkawi & Partner based in Munich, Germany.
- Barkawi & Partner, Consultant, 1 year
- Master of Arts, Cum Laude, Science, Society and Technology Studies, University of Maastricht
- Master of International Business, International Business Studies, University of Maastricht
- Book publication: Handbuch Praxis Mobiles Internet (Practice Guide to the Mobile Internet) 2015
- Certificate for CE01X Circular Economy, University of Wageningen, The Netherlands
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.