Distinguished VP Analyst
16 years at Gartner, 46 years industry experience
Location: CA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Andrew Walls is a Distinguished Vice President Analyst in Gartner Research & Advisory. His research focuses on the CISO with emphases on security strategy, CISO skills/career development, management communications, employee behavior management/education and ethical practices within the security function. Outside of Gartner, Mr. Walls is an active hiker and backpacker.
Mr. Walls has more than 40 years of experience in the IT industry. Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Walls was a principal security consultant for Cybertrust Australia, where his practice focused on ISMS development, security governance, breach investigations and compliance assessments. Before that, he worked in financial services security for HBOSA (BankWest). Prior to his concentration on information security, Mr. Walls worked in software development, product management, database design and IT management for commercial and educational organizations.
- Coflexip Stena Offshore, IT Manager and Security Director, 1 year
- Cybertrust Australia, Principal Security Consultant, 4 years
- Halifax Bank of Scotland Australia (BankWest), Information Security and Risk Specialist, 4 years
- B.A., Chemistry and Philosophy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.B.A., Marketing and Finance, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Gartner Analyst of the Year, 2014
- Gartner Presentation Excellence Award, 2016
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
23 March 2023Toolkit: Tabletop Exercise for the Business Response to Ransomware
21 February 2023Security Awareness Efforts Fall Short! Now What? (Survey Results Analysis)
31 January 2023Toolkit: Improve Cybersecurity By Focusing On Digital Ethics
- 05 June 2023 - 07 June 2023 Security & Risk Management Summit
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.