Managing Vice President
15 years at Gartner, 33 years industry experience
Location: Germany | Language(s): English, German
Roles and Responsibilities
"Mick MacComascaigh (Mah-komm-a-skee) is a Managing Vice President in the Sourcing, Procurement and Vendor Management Group within Gartner Research. Mr. MacComascaigh leads a global team of analysts in the Software & Cloud Negotiation Practice, who focus on publishing research and advising Gartner clients on best practices for deal negotiation strategies and contract terms with major software- and SaaS providers, such as Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, SAP and Workday. His team also analyzes market trends impacting software/SaaS pricing and contracting. Prior to his current position, Mr. MacComascaigh was a Vice President, Analyst covering technologies and markets relating to the broader area of Customer Experience. Mr. MacComascaigh joined Gartner in 2008."
Before joining Gartner, Mr. MacComascaigh was engaged in business development and strategic ECM consulting for Central Europe and key clients.
- EMC, Business Development Manager, 4 years
- IXOS, Senior Support Engineer/Trainer, 3 years
- Vignette, Principal Architect, 4 years
- BSc Applied Mathematics and Applied Physics, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland, With Dual Honors
- M.Phil. Experimental Physics, Nuclear Fusion, Euratom, JET, Oxford