Distinguished VP Analyst
15 years at Gartner, 35 years industry experience
Location: MD USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Rita Sallam is a Distinguished VP analyst and Gartner Fellow in the Data and Analytics team. Mrs. Sallam's focus includes tracking and predicting market trends, vendor assessment and selection, and identifying best practices for making analytics pervasive and strategic to the business. Of particular interest is how all aspects of data management and analytics are being disrupted by AI-enabled augmented analytics. She is also focused on building a methodology for selecting and valuing data and analytics portfolios including AI investments.
Mrs. Sallam joined Gartner in 2008 with almost 20 years of experience in the enterprise software market. Before that, she spent 10 years with Oracle, delivering role-based competitive intelligence and strategic analysis on BI, data warehousing, data integration and master data management markets. Prior to that, she led business planning, investment fundraising and strategy development for two middleware startups and was a management/strategy consultant for Arthur D. Little.
- Arthur D. Little, Management/Strategy Consultant, 4 years
- Concept 5 Technologies, Director of Business Planning, 4 years
- Oracle, Senior Director of Competitive Intelligence, 10 years
- B.S./B.A., International Business/French, American University
- M.B.A., Finance, Northeastern University
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
25 May 2023Top Trends in Data and Analytics for 2023 — Presentation Materials
28 March 2023Top Trends in Data and Analytics, 2023
23 February 2023Quick Answer: What Are the Short-Term and Midterm Implications of ChatGPT for Data and Analytics?
- 11 September 2023 - 13 September 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
- 16 October 2023 - 19 October 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.