Distinguished VP Analyst
14 years at Gartner, 33 years industry experience
Location: MD USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Rita Sallam is a Distinguished VP analyst and Gartner Fellow in the Data and Analytics team. Mrs. Sallam's focus includes tracking and predicting market trends, vendor assessment and selection, and identifying best practices for making analytics pervasive and strategic to the business. Of particular interest is how all aspects of data management and analytics are being disrupted by AI-enabled augmented analytics. She is also focused on building a methodology for selecting and valuing data and analytics portfolios including AI investments.
Mrs. Sallam joined Gartner in 2008 with almost 20 years of experience in the enterprise software market. Before that, she spent 10 years with Oracle, delivering role-based competitive intelligence and strategic analysis on BI, data warehousing, data integration and master data management markets. Prior to that, she led business planning, investment fundraising and strategy development for two middleware startups and was a management/strategy consultant for Arthur D. Little.
- Arthur D. Little, Management/Strategy Consultant, 4 years
- Concept 5 Technologies, Director of Business Planning, 4 years
- Oracle, Senior Director of Competitive Intelligence, 10 years
- B.S./B.A., International Business/French, American University
- M.B.A., Finance, Northeastern University
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
18 August 2022Infographic: Top Trends in Data and Analytics, 2022
20 July 2022The Gartner Enterprise Value Equation: It’s Time to Rethink Outdated Enterprise Value Formulas
30 May 2022Toolkit: How CDAOs Can Prioritize Investments and Deliver Measurable Business Value
- 10 October 2022 Gartner Panel: Demonstrate The Value of Data and Analytics to the Business