Distinguished VP Analyst
14 years at Gartner, 25 years industry experience
Location: PA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Irving Tyler is a Distinguished Research Vice President and Key Initiative Leader with Gartner's CIO Research team focusing on the evolving role of the CIO as Technology Executive and related strategies and practices CIOs need to expand their role and succeed, business and I&T strategy, and digital business design. Mr. Tyler's work is directed towards enabling CIOs and all executives to understand and navigate the complex challenges of executive performance, business design, digital business, and strategy development advance business value. In addition, Mr. Tyler covers the business executive responsibilities of the CIO and the evolution of executive leadership of Information and Technology.
Prior to joining Gartner in 2008, Mr. Tyler accumulated 28 years of experience in multiple industries with executive roles in finance and operations and as CIO in multiple firms where he developed and delivered major business transformation initiatives. Prior to joining the CIO Research team in 2017, Mr. Tyler was a Vice President and Executive Partner in Gartner's Executive Program providing comprehensive advice and guidance to CIOs and business leaders on every element of the mission of IT and the job of the executive in achieving business value with Information and Technology.
- IMS Health, Chief Information Officer, 2 years
- Quaker Chemical Corporation, V.P. and Chief Information Officer, 11 years
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from the University of Texas.
- Master's degree in Business Administration from Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.
- Mr. Tyler is also a nonpracticing CPA.
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
24 November 2021IT Instigators: Design Your Roadmap for Proactive IT Innovation
21 November 2022Delegate More Effectively to Free Up Time for Executive Leadership
16 November 2021Making an Effective Pitch: The Development Process
- 19 August 2020 Use the Gartner COVID-19 Reset Scenario to Accelerate Digital Business
- 31 August 2022 Gartner Panel: The Future of the CIO as Technology Expands Beyond IT
- 07 October 2022 Gartner Panel: Future of the CIO as Technology Expands Beyond IT