17 years at Gartner, 39 years industry experience
Location: IL USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Craig Roth is a Research Vice President within the Tech and Service Providers organization. He leads Gartner's research into technology user behavior and its influence on user experience (UX). This research optimizes product adoption, user driven sales and user influenced growth strategies in order to reduce churn rates. He created Gartner's User Technology Adoption Readiness Index, a multicountry, cross-industry benchmark that provides insight into technology user adoption and resistance. Mr. Roth also assists with tech go-to-market, messaging, and differentiation. From a technology/market perspective he is the forecast and market share lead for digital workplace, which includes cloud office (Microsoft 365 and Office 365), workspace collaboration tools (such as Microsoft Teams and Slack), content services, and the future of work. He is also engaged in special research projects around the Democratization of Technology, the future of work, remote and hybrid work, and Enterprise Attention Management (an enterprise-wide response to information overload).
Prior to joining Gartner from Burton Group, Mr. Roth was a portal and web architecture industry analyst at META Group. He also spent seven years in the financial services industry as a coder and manager and five years at a software gaming company he co-founded.
- Burton Group, Vice President and Service Director, 5 years
- Discover Card, Manager, 8 years
- Meta Group, Research Vice President, 7 years
- B.S., Business, Indiana University
- M.B.A., Economics and Marketing, University of Chicago
- His blog was listed as a Top 100 Analyst Blog by Technobabble.
- Mr. Roth was rated as a Top 10 expert in portals and web services by an independent analyst-rating firm.
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
28 March 2023Forecast: Enterprise Application Software, Worldwide, 2021-2027, 1Q23 Update
10 March 2023Forecast Analysis: Social and Collaboration Software in the Workplace, Worldwide
02 March 2023Forecast Analysis: Democratization of Technology
- 15 May 2023 - 16 May 2023 Digital Workplace Summit
- 12 June 2023 - 13 June 2023 Digital Workplace Summit
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.