13 years at Gartner, 33 years' experience
Location: ON Canada | Language(s): English, Persian
Roles and Responsibilities
Homan Farahmand is a research analyst and advisor within Gartner for Technical Professionals covering identity and access management (IAM) modernization and next generation internet technologies such as decentralized identity, blockchain and Web3.
Mr. Farahmand led the Gartner Identity and Access Management consulting practice globally as well as the Security and Risk Management consulting practice in the financial services industry. He has worked in multiple commercial industries and public-sector organizations across North America, Europe and Japan. His IAM engagements during the last decade have spanned strategy and roadmap development, current architecture assessment, future architecture development, governance and organization development, risk and control management, technology and vendor evaluation, implementation oversight, and benchmarking and sourcing. Before joining Gartner, Mr. Farahmand held consulting and leadership positions at Burton Group, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Meta Group and GE Capital IT solutions. Prior to that, he was involved in hands-on application development and system engineering.
- Burton Group, Principal Consultant, 4 years
- GE Capital IT Solutions, Enterprise Planning and Strategy Consultant, 4 years
- Meta Group, Vice President, Strategic Solutions, 5 years
- Advanced Technical Expert certificate from IBM, Independent Consultant Certificate from SAP, a Six Sigma certificate from GE, and an ITIL Foundation certificate
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran
- Certificate of Engineering Law and Liability, and Certificate of Financial Management, University of Toronto
- Java Programming certificate, Harvard University
- Pursuing a Master of Science degree in Cybersecurity at Johns Hopkins University (paused)