13 years at Gartner, 35 years industry experience
Location: MI USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
George Spafford is a Vice President Analyst for Gartner, covering DevOps / DevSecOps, Platform Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE). His publications include hundreds of articles and numerous books on IT management, as well as co-authorship of "The Phoenix Project," "The Visible Ops Handbook" and "Visible Ops Security."
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Spafford consulted on ITIL, IT strategy, Information Security and overall IT service improvement. Mr. Spafford holds an M.B.A. from Notre Dame, a B.A. in materials and logistics management from Michigan State University and an honorary degree from Konan Daigaku in Japan. He is a certified ITIL Expert, a TOCICO Jonah and a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Cognizant Technology Solutions, Senior Manager, 1 year
- Pepperweed Consulting, Principal Consultant, 3 years
- Spafford Global Consulting, Founder, 4 years
- B.A., Materials and Logistics, Michigan State University
- Certificate in Asian Studies - Japan, Michigan State University Honorary Degree, Konan Daigaku
- M.B.A., University of Notre Dame
- CyberSecurity Canon Inductee for the Phoenix Project
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.