12 years at Gartner, 48 years industry experience
Location: USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Merv Adrian is an Analyst on the Data Management team following operational DBMS, Apache Hadoop, Spark, nonrelational DBMS and adjacent technologies. Mr. Adrian also tracks the increasing impact of open source on data management software and monitors the changing requirements for data security in information platforms.
Mr. Adrian most recently headed IT Market Strategy, which he founded to provide professional services to information technology strategy and marketing professionals. Earlier, he ran technology research for Forrester, following its acquisition of Giga Information Group. He spent a decade in the software industry after several years as a Programmer on Wall Street.
- Forrester Research, Senior Vice President, 5 years
- Giga Information Group, Vice President, 8 years
- IT Market Strategy, Principal and Founder, 2 years
- B.A., Business (Finance), Baruch College, CUNY
- Top Big Data Influencer of 2013, HadoopSphere
- Top Data Science Analytics and BI Feeds, 2015, Twitter
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
06 January 2022Innovation Insight for Streaming Data in Motion: The Collision of Messaging, Analytics and DBMS
15 December 2022Critical Capabilities for Cloud Database Management Systems for Analytical Use Cases
14 December 2022Critical Capabilities for Cloud Database Management Systems for Operational Use Cases