Mario de Boer
Managing Vice President
12 years at Gartner, 27 years industry experience
Location: Netherlands | Language(s): Dutch, English
Roles and Responsibilities
Mario de Boer, Ph.D., is Managing Vice President in Gartner for Technical Professionals. Mario manages a team of analysts that cover a wide variety of security and risk management topics.
Previously, Dr. de Boer was an enterprise security architect at a global semiconductor company, responsible for delivering and advising on security solutions for a wide variety of IT and business initiatives. He has more than 25 years of industry experience in security, risk and compliance topic areas, working for enterprises, government organizations and consulting firms.
- Dutch Ministries of Defence and Justice, Scientific Researcher Cryptography and Software Security, 5 years
- Logica, Collis, Njama, Senior Security Consultant, 9 years
- NXP Semiconductors, Enterprise Security Architect, 1 year
- M.S., Mathematics, with distinction, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Ph.D., Mathematics, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
11 July 2021Guide to Endpoint Security Concepts
11 July 2021Guide to Data Security Concepts
07 April 2022Quick Answer: How Do Successful Cloud Adopters Balance Security and Innovation?
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.