12 years at Gartner, 33 years industry experience
Location: TN USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Robert Hetu is a VP Analyst and KI Leader with the Gartner Retail Industry Services team. His responsibilities involve tracking the technology markets and trends impacting the broad-based retail merchandising and planning areas. Mr. Hetu is an expert in the areas of brand, vendor and assortment management, merchandise planning, allocation, and replenishment.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Hetu's industry experience spans 28 years with leading retailers and manufacturers such as Macy's, VF Corp. and Kmart, as well as retail dot-com organizations in senior merchandising positions. As VP of Vendor Collaboration for Macy's, he was directly responsible for building stronger business relationships with key brands through use of technology and business process improvement focused on the areas of assortment management, replenishment, business intelligence and vendor performance scorecards. Previous experience includes extensive replenishment, planning and store management positions within Macy's and Kmart; general merchandise director for a dot-com company; as well as retail support and vendor-managed inventory with two major manufacturers.
- Macy's Merchandising Group, VP - Vendor Collaboration, Replenishment & Size Analysis, 6 years
- Pillowtex Corp., VP - Performance Improvement, 6 years
- VF Corp., Retail Floor Space Management Team, 2 years
- B.S., Business Administration and Finance, Jacksonville State University
- 1998: VICS CPFR Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment Guidelines participant and co-author
- 2003: Macy's Top Performer, Warehouse Replenishment Team
- 2006: Macy's Star Award, Merchandising Systems Support Team
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
01 February 2023Retailers Must Drive Customer-Centric Merchandising With an AI Core
30 January 2023Top Unified Retail Commerce Execution Trends for CIOs 2023
12 December 2022Predicts 2023: Immersive Stores Are a Critical Focal Point For Retail Profitability