11 years at Gartner, 41 years industry experience
Location: Brazil | Language(s): English, Portuguese, Spanish
Roles and Responsibilities
Luis Mangi is a Vice President in Gartner CIO Research Group and a member of the Global Tech Avisory team. Mr. Mangi has around 35 years of experience in IT. As a CIO advisor, he works with C-suite executives and their teams to tailor and contextualize Gartner research insights in order to drive action by helping clients understand how to address business-level challenges, and how to leverage technology to improve business operations and enable innovation. Mr. Mangi helps clients on cross-cutting initiatives for the CIO (I&T operating model design, strategy execution, leadership, culture and people, innovation, strategic business change leadership, IT finance, risk and value, IT cost optimization, digital economics and performance measures, CIO role evolution) and provide deep content expertise in support of key client initiatives, enabling timely execution and accelerating time to business benefit.
Mr. Mangi is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. To this extent, his research is also centered on understanding how IT best practices will translate in Brazil and other Latin American economies to support Gartner's global clients. He also considers how Gartner research needs to be adapted to support the needs of Latin American clients. Mr. Mangi joined Gartner from Itau BBA, where he was an IT manager focused on business solutions and innovation. He has also worked at Brookfield Group, Souza Cruz (British American Tobacco subsidiary in Brazil) and Citigroup in local and regional assignments. He has extensive experience in managing large application and infrastructure projects and developing strategic IT plans. He also had the opportunity to develop new IT organizations from scratch as a result of mergers and acquisitions.
- Brookfield, IT Manager, 10 years
- Citigroup, Virtual Distribution Manager, 13 years
- Itau BBA, IT Manager, 1 year
- B.S., Computer Science, Pontificia Universidade Catolica, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- B.S., Philosophy, Unisul - Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Brazil
- M.B.A., Fundacao Getulio Vargas, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Specialization, Marketing, Pontificia Universidade Catolica, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Specialization, Philosophy (Ethics), Pontificia Universidade Catolica, Parana, Brazil
- Academic Scholarship (Pontificia Universidade Catolica, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1984).
- Thought Leadership Award 2014 (Gartner)
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.