31 years at Gartner, 36 years' experience
Location: Stamford, CT USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Tony Iams is Research Vice President for the Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure team in the Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) research organization. He is responsible for research in the areas of system software for cloud and on-premises infrastructure, including operating systems and containers.
Previously, Mr. Iams developed software for the commercial business unit of New York Institute of Technology Computer Graphics Laboratory, which pioneered much of the early research on computer graphics. He wrote programs in C for UNIX and Windows systems to perform high-resolution film compositing and image painting.
- Computer Graphics Laboratories, Software Engineer, 5 years
- D.H. Brown Associates, VP and Senior Analyst, System Software Research, 11 years
- Ideas International, SVP and Senior Analyst, System Software Research, 9 years
- B.S., Applied Mathematics/Computer Science and German, Carnegie Mellon University
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
20 September 2023Magic Quadrant for Container Management
07 September 2023Guidance Framework for Deploying Containers and Kubernetes
03 August 2023Cool Vendors in Container Management
- 04 December 2023 - 06 December 2023 IT Infrastructure, Operations and Cloud Strategies Conference