VP, Team Manager
10 years at Gartner, 41 years industry experience
Location: RI USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Terri-Lynn Thayer is a Vice President, Team Manager in Gartner Research and Advisory, where Ms. Thayer's research area is higher education technology strategies, including higher education business models, administrative and enterprise systems, student information systems (SIS), research administration systems, customer relationship management (CRM), advancement/fundraising solutions, CIO, and IT management issues in higher education.
Prior to joining Gartner, Ms. Thayer had a 27-year career in higher education at both Brown University and Dartmouth College. She also had a five-year stint in defense contracting as a Database Administrator and Technology Analyst supporting the U.S. Navy and Army. During her 23 years at Brown University she held increasingly responsible positions in IT leadership, culminating in her role as Assistant Vice President of Information Technology.
- Aquidneck Management Associates, Database Administrator, 5 years
- Brown University, Assistant Vice President and Deputy CIO, 23 years
- Dartmouth College, Research Analyst, 3 years
- B.Sc., Brown University
- Course work completed in Computer Science at Dartmouth College
- International Executive M.B.A., Instituto de Empresa Business School and Brown University
- Gartner Research Award - Inquiry Excellence, 2015
- Gartner Research Award - Inquiry Excellence, 2017
- Gartner Research Award - Thought Leadership, 2014
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
21 February 2023Top Technology Trends in Higher Education for 2023
15 February 2023Top Business Trends in Higher Education for 2023
17 January 2023Higher Education Ecosystem 2030: Jobs U
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.