Sr Director Analyst
10 years at Gartner, 17 years industry experience
Location: CA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Saul Brand is an analyst on the Enterprise Architecture and Technology Innovation team. He leads research on starting and restarting EA practices and business architecture. He focuses on using business architecture to transform and optimize business and operating models. He is actively involved in developing research that bridges the gap between business strategy and IT execution. Mr. brand is frequently called upon to advise clients on starting and restarting EA practices, using the business architecture discipline in support of business strategy planning and transformation, designing and implementing EA governance and assurance. Other topics Mr. Brand advises clients on include business and IT leadership concerning EA, design thinking, business ecosystems, technology innovation, cost management, resource allocation, people development, time, financial and risk management, and business and operating model design decisions. Typical industry discussions include financial services, oil and gas, retail, manufacturing, CPG and government. Past roles at Gartner included agenda manager of research and leading research communities. Mr. Brand was the lead analyst and author for the Magic Quadrant for EA consultancies and EA tools.
Mr. Brand has 15+ years of experience in the financial services, media, entertainment, consumer products, biotech, and telecom industries. The first part of his career was spent inside public, private and start-up companies. Prior to joining Gartner, he worked at The Walt Disney Co. as a Business Technology Partner. Previously, Mr. Brand held various strategy, finance, business transformation and technology innovation positions where he initiated and led numerous technology-enabled business transformation programs and projects, including systems selection and implementation. He has held P&L and cost center manager control as part of his managerial experience. He has also held direct responsibility of up to 35 business and IT professionals. He has advised and supported organizations with upward of 100,000 employees.
- The Walt Disney Co., Business Technology Partner, 6 years
- Various Finance and Business Transformation Roles, Various Financial Markets, Executive Finance and Business Transformation Roles, 11 years
- A) Master of Science, Shipping, Trade and Finance, Cass Business School, City University, London, England
- B) Postgraduate Diploma in Management, Business Administration, Wits Business School, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- C) Bachelor of Arts with Honors, International Relations, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Gartner 2017 "Thought Leadership" award.
- Keynote speaker.
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
21 April 2023Infographic: How Enterprise Architecture Leaders Can Navigate Economic Headwinds
21 April 20237 Actions Enterprise Architecture Leaders Must Take to Navigate Economic Headwinds
17 April 2023Toolkit: Measuring Stakeholders’ Satisfaction With the EA Practice
- 16 October 2023 - 19 October 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.