Distinguished VP Analyst
10 years at Gartner, 31 years industry experience
Location: Denmark | Language(s): Danish, English
Roles and Responsibilities
Tomas Nielsen is a Distinguished Vice President Analyst in the IT Strategic Execution Management Research team. Mr. Nielsen helps Gartner clients turn ideas, visions and objectives into actionable strategies. Consequently, his research focuses on digital business leadership, Enterprise Strategy IT strategy, Enterprise Operating Models and IT Operating Models (including organizational design). Mr. Nielsen is the Key Initiative Leader for the Enterprise Strategic Planning and Execution Key initiatives which is targeted at Executive Leaders. Mr. Nielsen is also serving as Barcelona Symposium Research Chair.
Mr. Nielsen has worked both as an IT vendor, responsible for large-scale IT initiatives, and as an IT Management Consultant on a wide range of IT initiatives, ranging from IT strategy and IT transformation to outsourcing/offshoring and IT operations, recently mainly within the financial and public sector.
- American Management Systems (Now Part of CGI), Systems Analyst, 2 years
- Capgemini, Principal Consultant, 10 years
- PA Consulting Group, Managing Consultant, 8 years
- B.Sc., Business Administration and Economics, StorstreomsHandelshoejskoleCenter, SHC (affiliated with Copenhagen Business School), Denmark
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration and Organizational Behaviour, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- M.B.A./M.B.I., Master of Business Administration/Master of Business Informatics, Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands
- 2019: CIO: Thought Leadership: Quantitative Analytics & Data Science: CIO Insight
- 2020: CIO: Outstanding Performance in Key Role: Analyst
- 2020: CIO: Outstanding Thought Leadership: Post Pandemic Planning Framework
- 2020: Research & Advisory: Best Graphic: Post Pandemic Planning Framework