8 years at Gartner, 39 years industry experience
Location: TX USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Dennis Smith is Research Vice President in the Infrastructure and Operations organization. He is responsible for research in the areas of cloud computing, virtualization, IT process automation and container technologies.
Prior to his career in research, Mr. Smith spent over 30 years in the vendor, management consulting and large-enterprise areas. He identified, vetted and introduced new infrastructure technology. A recent focus was around cloud computing and big data technologies.
- BNY Mellon, Managing Director, 20 years
- Ernst & Young (EY), Consulting Manager, 5 years
- The Travelers, Network Engineer, 2 years
- B.S., Computer Science/Mathematics, Magna Cum Laude, University of Dayton
- M.B.A., University of Pittsburgh
- BNY Mellon Distinguished Engineer, 2010
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
16 November 2022Market Guide for Digital Platform Conductor Tools
16 November 2022Fit Your Mainframe Into Your Modernization Plans
24 October 2022Critical Capabilities for Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services
- 06 December 2022 - 08 December 2022 IT Infrastructure, Operations and Cloud Strategies Conference