9 years at Gartner, 40 years industry experience
Location: TX USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Dennis Smith is Research Vice President in the Infrastructure and Operations organization. He is responsible for research in the areas of cloud computing, virtualization, IT process automation and container technologies.
Prior to his career in research, Mr. Smith spent over 30 years in the vendor, management consulting and large-enterprise areas. He identified, vetted and introduced new infrastructure technology. A recent focus was around cloud computing and big data technologies.
- BNY Mellon, Managing Director, 20 years
- Ernst & Young (EY), Consulting Manager, 5 years
- The Travelers, Network Engineer, 2 years
- B.S., Computer Science/Mathematics, Magna Cum Laude, University of Dayton
- M.B.A., University of Pittsburgh
- BNY Mellon Distinguished Engineer, 2010
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
09 March 2023Predicts 2023: The Continuous Rising Tide of Cloud Lifts All Boats
02 February 2023I&O Platforms Primer for 2023
04 January 2023Navigating the Omnipresent Cloud Era
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.